Sri Matre Namaha
Impact Of Chanting Lalitha Sahasranama
To create a mind devoted to mankind, sincere love, unity and to be one with your atman chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasra Namam, a Sanskrit namavali should forms an integral part of your life.
Lalitha Shasranama helps you develop the energy of Faith to do and achieve anthing which is positive for you in your life. This energy generates the Belief, Confidence and Determination in your own self to work for Devi.
A beneficial method to develop this is energy is by chanting Lalitha Sahasranama knowing their meanings. It will give the most advantageous benefits if one chants namavalis with their meanings in mind. He/She will be able to express more and get closer to Devi.
We list some of the benefits of regular chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasranamavali.
This is the most favoured form of prayer to Goddess Lalithambika
• Regular chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasranama is an indirect blessing to those who cannot do these kind of offerings to God.
• Regular chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasranama will form a way of penance.
• Regular chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasranama will provide a long and contended healthy life.
• Regular chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasra nama will have tremendous self confidence in himself.
• Through the regular chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasra nama, the atmosphere will be purified. Each nerve in our body will be invigorated and subtle energies will be awakened in the person.
• Sree Lalitha Devi will protect a person and will make him victorious in all his good deeds.
• Regular chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasra nama will make a person blessed with word power, fame, good will etc. Particular importance should be given to chant Sree Lalitha Sahasra nama on Friday’s which is very auspicious for the blessing of Devi.
• Sree Lalitha Sahasra nama is the form of prayer that any one and every one can chant at any time and every time. It does not matter if one could not complete it. Because each of the nama in itself is complete to realize the vision of Devi.
• It is said that chanting the name of Lord Siva once is as good as chanting the name of Mahavishnu a thousand times. And chanting the name of Devi once is as good as chanting the name of Siva, a thousand times. And of which Sree Lalitha Sahasra nama to become one with Sree Lalitha Devi herself.
• It is very beneficial if all members of the family unite and chants Sree Lalitha Sahasra nama once in a day in the evening or whenever time permits. A family that prays together stays together. It will bring about unity, peacefulness, clear mind to perform and by thus prosperity.
• In homes where Sree Lalitha Sahasra nama is chanted regularly there will never be any shortage of the basic necessities of life. This is the reason why the ancient Gurus would instruct their desciples to chant Sree Lalitha Sahasra namam even after initiating them into the mantras of other deities such as Lord Krishna, Lord Rama and other Gods and Goddesses.
It is also to be noted that by religiously chanting Sree Lalitha Sahasra namavali, we are seeking the blessings of the universal mother. And how can a mother ignore her children when they are in distress or duress or troubles of any sorts? So keep utmost faith in her and start chanting.
Lalitha Sahasranamam can be chanted in two different ways. One in Stotra form and the other in mantra form. In Stotram form, all 1,000 namams are separated into stotrams of a few namams each and recited in this way. In mantra form, each namam is said individually, preceded by “Aum” and followed by “Namah”. When chanted in mantra form, the endings of each namam are generally changed to “e” or “yai”. Mantra form is commonly used to recite Lalitha Sahasranamam during archana. Both ways, however, are equally effective.
As Devi can be contemplated as masculine, feminine or formless, Her names also are rendered in all the three genders.
The slokas in Lalita Sahasranamamas are composed in Anushtup meters, which consist of 32 letters divided into 4 quarters of eight letters each.
DIVISION OF THE SAHASRANAMAM IN 100 NAMES
1st Name – Sree mata
101st Name – Manipoorantharudhitha
201st Name – Sadhgathi priya
301st Name – Hreemkari
401st Name – Vividhhakara
501st Name – Gudanna preethamanasa
601st Name – Dharandholitha dheerghhakshi
701st Name – Dheshakalaa parichchinna
801st Name – Pushta
901st Name – Nadharoopini
Om Aim Hreem Sreem Sri Mathre Nama